2012年11月25日星期日

Story of data

Data for us usually present as form, chart even just a long paragraph. This situation make me feel boring when I read data. But there is big change that the book called The Visual Miscellaneum thoroughly changed my my prejudice.  I found that date could be own another appearance, like the picture shows below. This picture is  made by Gaz Battersby and Bryan James which is The Interactive UK Energy Consumption Guide. (http://www.evoenergy.co.uk/uk-energy-guide/) This website shows the consumption from 1970 to 2010, when you move your cursor on the year, the different categories of the fuel present different colors in the crown. Let us move on the right section, when cursor on the category that the data will show the percentage on the circle of the crown. For this information design work, we could clearly saw the changes of consumption from 1970 and 2010, we also could saw the percentage of different fuel during the 40 years. So I think this system shows the data very well. This work inspire me  making the data more diversity and easy to read. And the data also could interactive with the audiences. For the successful communication, the first thing could make a deeply empress, lead to curiosity and then more efficiency delivery the information.

没有评论:

发表评论